Indian Crypto Companies to Meet With Lawmakers Next Week: Report
The meeting would be the first official one between the Indian government and stakeholders in the crypto industry.
A number of India’s most prominent crypto firms are set to meet with the government next week to provide their views on the industry.
- India’s Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance has arranged for a meeting on Nov. 15 to “hear the views of associations/industry experts on the subject “CryptoFinance: Opportunities and Challenges”.”
- This would be the first official meeting between the government and stakeholders in the crypto industry, Business Insider reported on Thursday.
- Binance-owned crypto exchange WazirX told CoinDesk that it will be attending the meeting. Crypto unicorns CoinSwitch Kuber and CoinDCX are also among the invitees, according to reports.
- At the start of this year, the Indian government looked set to introduce legislation to outright ban crypto, plans that have since appeared to soften.
- CoinSwitch Kuber was reportedly in talks with the government over regulation of the industry.